Full-Service Law Firm in Ogden, Utah Handles a Broad-Array of Legal Concerns
If you are searching for an Ogden, Utah attorney who will fight aggressively for you, then the attorneys of Phillips & Skidmore may be able to handle your legal concerns. Our attorneys always meet with you in a confidential one-on-one consultation before taking any action. At the consultation we typically introduce ourselves and try to get to know you and your situation better. Our consultation process allows us to understand and appreciate the unique elements of your case. We only take action after fully and thoroughly understanding your legal situation and goals.
At Phillips & Skidmore we handle a broad-array of litigation and other matters. If you have a bankruptcy concern our attorneys can discuss your debt relief options. If your concern is criminal in nature, our attorneys can provide a tenacious defense of your reputation and freedom. If you are embroiled in a divorce dispute, we can provide strategic legal guidance while minimizing the collateral damage to your children. Finally if you have been hurt in Ogden or beyond, we can work to hold the negligent or reckless party accountable for your injuries.
Attorneys Provide Straight-forward Bankruptcy Guidance
Bankruptcy can be an anxiety-filled process, but the careful guidance of an experienced attorney can minimize the stress and uncertainty you experience. Whether you are considering liquidation through a Chapter 7 bankruptcy or a payment plan through Chapter 13 bankruptcy, our attorneys can analyze your assets, liabilities and other concerns.
We may begin by answering general questions about bankruptcy and the process. But because all financial situations are unique, our attorneys provide advice only after performing a meticulous review of your circumstances. Whether your concern is your eligibility for Chapter 7, if certain debts are dischargeable, or if you can keep your home, our attorneys provide concise and cogent answers to your inquiries. Finally, we can even explain the process by which you can rebuild your credit following a bankruptcy discharge. If you are looking for an experienced Ogden bankruptcy lawyer, call us today for a free consultation.
Seasoned Criminal Defense Attorneys Protect your Freedom
We have extensive criminal defense training and can defended people charged with both misdemeanors and felonies. Our criminal defense team has travelled throughout the state of Utah to provide representation for criminal matters of every type. Matters we handle include:
- Assault – Despite being one of the most common criminal charges, the consequences for an assault conviction are serious. An assault charge can result in a prison sentence and restitution.
- Drug crimes – Even mere possession of a controlled substance like marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy or heroin can lead to serious criminal charges. If you are facing manufacture, cultivation or distribution charges the penalties only become more stringent.
- Burglary & robbery – Both standard and aggravated burglary and robbery are considered felonies in Utah. As felonies they carry harsh penalties that include prison sentences. The most serious 1st degree burglary and robbery penalties can consist of a life sentence and $10,000 in fines.
- Probation violation – A judge may order probation in lieu of a prison sentence. However failure to comply with the terms of the probation can result in the probation being withdrawn and the imposition of a prison sentence. We fight for those accused of violating their probation.
- Sex offenses – Sex crimes carry serious penalties that are further enhanced by the informal stigma attached to sex crime accusations. If you have been accused of rape, sexual assault or another sex crime our experienced attorneys can defend your freedom and reputation.
- Theft – Theft of property, retail theft (shoplifting), and theft of services can be serious crimes in Utah. Further because Utah follows the treble damages rule, you could be ordered to repay three times the amount stolen.
When you need aggressive criminal defense in Ogden or throughout Utah, a Phillips & Skidmore attorney will work to protect your rights, reputation, and freedom.
Aggressive Divorce Law Litigators Fight for You
If you are in need an Ogden divorce lawyer, our experienced attorneys have handled countless divorce cases. Like in all other matters, at our Ogden Law Firm, we provide a personalized approach to divorce. If aggressive tactics are acceptable, we employ all appropriate means to reach a favorable agreement. However in other instances minimizing familial turmoil – including avoiding parental alienation syndrome with the children – may be the most important goal. We adjust our approach to your case based on your goals and concerns.
Our attorneys handle child custody, child support, alimony and many other family law concerns.
Personal Injury Representation in Ogden and Beyond
Being injured is frustrating enough, but it can be especially unfair and infuriating when the injury was caused by a negligent or reckless person. To add insult to injury, insurance companies may offer a low-ball settlement number and attempt to strong-arm you into accepting it. Unfortunately more often than not, these insufficient settlements leave the injured party with insufficient funds to pay their medical bills.
If you have been hurt, do not sign anything without first consulting with an Ogden personal injury lawyer. Our attorneys can negotiate with the insurance company to reach an acceptable settlement. However, we are always prepared to take each and every matter to trial should settlement not be in our client’s best interest.
Put our Experience to work for you in Ogden, Utah
At Phillips & Skidmore we offer personalized service in all of our practice areas. Whether your concern is bankruptcy-related, a criminal matter, divorce-based, or a personal injury matter we always sit down with you to better understand the unique details and elements of your case. In our experience we have found that a healthy and open attorney-client relationship permits us to better understand the unique aspects of the case earlier in the process.
Identifying issues and concerns early allows our attorneys time to address these concerns and develop a well-considered legal strategy. To achieve this goal, we offer free consultations to give each of our prospective clients a risk-free opportunity to meet with an attorney one-on-one. To schedule your confidential consultation, contact Phillips & Skidmore today by calling 1-800-844-4925 or contact us online.