We Specializes in DUI, Criminal Defense, and Personal Injury
If you are searching for an Ogden, Utah attorney who will fight aggressively for you, then the attorneys of Randal Phillips may be able to handle your legal concerns. Our attorneys always meet with you in a confidential one-on-one consultation before taking any action. At the consultation we typically introduce ourselves and try to get to know you and your situation better. Our consultation process allows us to understand and appreciate the unique elements of your case. We only take action after fully and thoroughly understanding your legal situation and goals.
At Randal Phillips we handle a broad-array of litigation and other matters. If you have a bankruptcy concern our attorneys can discuss your debt relief options. If your concern is criminal in nature, our attorneys can provide a tenacious defense of your reputation and freedom. If you are embroiled in a divorce dispute, we can provide strategic legal guidance while minimizing the collateral damage to your children. Finally if you have been hurt in Ogden or beyond, we can work to hold the negligent or reckless party accountable for your injuries.
Seasoned Criminal Defense Attorneys Protect your Freedom
We have extensive criminal defense training and can defended people charged with both misdemeanors and felonies. Our criminal defense team has travelled throughout the state of Utah to provide representation for criminal matters of every type. Matters we handle include:
- Assault – Despite being one of the most common criminal charges, the consequences for an assault conviction are serious. An assault charge can result in a prison sentence and restitution.
- Drug crimes – Even mere possession of a controlled substance like marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy or heroin can lead to serious criminal charges. If you are facing manufacture, cultivation or distribution charges the penalties only become more stringent.
- Burglary & robbery – Both standard and aggravated burglary and robbery are considered felonies in Utah. As felonies they carry harsh penalties that include prison sentences. The most serious 1st degree burglary and robbery penalties can consist of a life sentence and $10,000 in fines.
- Probation violation – A judge may order probation in lieu of a prison sentence. However failure to comply with the terms of the probation can result in the probation being withdrawn and the imposition of a prison sentence. We fight for those accused of violating their probation.
- Sex offenses – Sex crimes carry serious penalties that are further enhanced by the informal stigma attached to sex crime accusations. If you have been accused of rape, sexual assault or another sex crime our experienced attorneys can defend your freedom and reputation.
- Theft – Theft of property, retail theft (shoplifting), and theft of services can be serious crimes in Utah. Further because Utah follows the treble damages rule, you could be ordered to repay three times the amount stolen.
When you need aggressive criminal defense in Ogden or throughout Utah, a Phillips & Skidmore attorney will work to protect your rights, reputation, and freedom.
Personal Injury Representation in Ogden and Beyond
Being injured is frustrating enough, but it can be especially unfair and infuriating when the injury was caused by a negligent or reckless person. To add insult to injury, insurance companies may offer a low-ball settlement number and attempt to strong-arm you into accepting it. Unfortunately more often than not, these insufficient settlements leave the injured party with insufficient funds to pay their medical bills.
If you have been hurt, do not sign anything without first consulting with an Ogden personal injury lawyer. Our attorneys can negotiate with the insurance company to reach an acceptable settlement. However, we are always prepared to take each and every matter to trial should settlement not be in our client’s best interest.
Put our Experience to work for you in Ogden, Utah
At Randal Phillips we offer personalized service in all of our practice areas. Whether your concern is a criminal matter, or a personal injury matter we always sit down with you to better understand the unique details and elements of your case. In our experience we have found that a healthy and open attorney-client relationship permits us to better understand the unique aspects of the case earlier in the process.
Identifying issues and concerns early allows our attorneys time to address these concerns and develop a well-considered legal strategy. To achieve this goal, we offer free consultations to give each of our prospective clients a risk-free opportunity to meet with an attorney one-on-one. To schedule your confidential consultation, contact Randall Phillips today by calling 801-917-8500.